So, with my parents off to Mexico we had little choice but to look for other alternatives in childcare. Nothing, and I repeat nothing, takes the place of the time the boys spend with their Papa and GG. They are loved and played with all day, bathed and "pajamad" and ready to go when I go pick them up... That being said, I did a lot of driving to different daycares, home daycares and came up empty handed. One lady seemed really nice on the phone, then when I walked in her house, first off all I could smell was smoke, and secondly, out of all the stories that she could have told me, she chose this one...."I used to watch this one 3 year old little boy..his dad was in prison...I think he was a crack baby...he used to scream and lay in the driveway when his mom would drop him off...I knew he was deathly afraid of flyswatters so all I had to do was wave that around when he wouldn't come inside and he would come flying in..." Nice. Thanks but no thanks. Anyways, long story somewhat short (I am my mother's daughter :) ) We found a wonderful daycare/preschool right by our house, where Elijah will be going Mon, Wed and Fri. This helps a lot, as Joel and his mom Pixie only have to watch Kayl two days a week. So.... without further adeau...Elijah's first day of "school."
This is a video I have titled "I don't know if mommy is ready."
0 comments:
Post a Comment