CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, June 7, 2007

I knew when I wrote the last post about Elijah having two good days in a row that it was too good to be true. He spiked another fever yesterday of 102 and hasn't eaten too much since then. On top of that, his left leg has been bigger than the other leg for about a week and a half now, from where the line(IV) was in his thigh. They did an x-ray and an ultrasound on it yesterday to see what was going on, because the swelling hasn't gone down at all. The ultrasound showed that he has a blood clot in his leg. The good thing, is that the clot is probably the cause of the infections and fevers (at least now we know). The bad thing is that not only is it dangerous, but in order to treat it, we will need to give him two shots a day of a blood thinning medication for at least the next six months. Unfortunately, his Hyperinsulinism is the least of our worries at the moment. Our goal now is to treat these other issues that have presented themselves. I've learned that this has been, and will continue to be a journey of ups and downs. Hopefully I will have more ups to report in the near future:)

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

We're so very sorry, thank you for letting us know we'll keep it in our prayers.
We love you tons,
The Peoples

We love the pictures and video's keep em' coming I love checking daily to see his smiling face!

Anonymous said...

Hey guys...I'm so sorry for the setback. It's amazing to look at his big beautiful smile and then to think how hard his little body is fighting. You are in our prayers. Love Tami, Katie, Jonathan, and Sharon

Unknown said...

So sorry. You will be in our prayers.Love you guys.

Anonymous said...

Eden:

I am keeping on you and your family through your blog. Don't get discouraged.. Elijah is strong and a fighter. I cannot even begin to imagine what you are going through.. Hang in there missy.. all are praying for you ;-)
Love, Darla

Anonymous said...

I look @ your blog every day... our thoughts are with Elijah and your family as you go though this difficult time. You might find some comfort remembering that Elijah is so young that while his little body may be fighting, he's not worried. You and Joel have that unfortunate job. Rely on Jehovah "the God of all comfort" and all those who care about you.
Love, Robbie & Mykal Oranges

Anonymous said...

What a mighty test of faith this is for the both of you. We are encouraged to watch the two of you give such a fine witness to those who otherwise may never have heard about Jehovah and his principles while you take a firm stand alongside Jehovah. Continue to stay strong for Elijah as he draws from the strength and love that Jehovah willingly gives to your little family.

With all our love and support - Shelly & Kevin