CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, June 18, 2007

This is a video of Elijah squealing in happiness at the news that we are coming home Wednesday!!! Actually I think he is quite delerious in this clip, as he hadn't eaten in 14 hours! He passed his fasting test with flying colors; his blood sugar never dropped to a dangerous level and he made it the entire 18 hours. He is still having some eating issues, but the doctors hope that once he is back in his normal environment, that things will change. We will have our fair share of doctors appointments in upcoming months to follow his blood clot, and to monitor his weight gain. Also we will be following up with the Pediatric Endocrinologist in Reno quite often to make sure he is on the right dose of the medications. We just booked our flight, and will be in Reno by Wednesday afternoon. It still doesn't seem real. We look forward to seeing everybody soon!!!
Love,
Joel, Eden and Elijah

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yeah !!!!!! Congratulations ! So happy Elijah passed his test and you can finally go home. I had hoped to be of some assistance with your flights but I think I didn't have enough mileage unless you booked 2 weeks in advance. So sorry, maybe we can help with something else in the future. Elijah certainly doesn't seem any worse for wear from fasting, does he? What a good natured baby. We wish you continued good results.
Have been having difficulty sending comments, unlike Adam, I am technologically impared!

Love, Robin

Anonymous said...

Hey Eden and family,

Just wanted to let you know we are thinking about you guys. We are so excited that you get to bring him home in a couple days. And we are very impressed with the awesome witness you all gave in extremely tough circumstances. We thought we went through a lot with Zeke but nothing compared to your ordeal. He is darling and he looks like none of this bothers him. One thing everybody kept telling me when Zeke was getting poked and picc lined etc was that he would never remember any of it and that is so true which is very comforting. Our thoughts and prayers are with you.

Love, Shelli Hall

Anonymous said...

If you listen carefully, you'll hear a CHEER all the way from Reno/Tahoe and probably many other states! Best news we've heard in a looong time! We are happy for you & know Jehovah will continue to bless and care for you!
Phil & Shelley Kilburn

Anonymous said...

So so happy you are getting to bring your little man home. Erik and I have been checking your blog everyday since GG sent it to me. What an ordeal for your little man not to mention the strain on you two and GG. What a help it is to have Jehovah on our side.
We are thinking of you always and you are in our prayers continually. Give Elijah a big smooch from Bestemor and Bestefar.
We love you.
Always, Bobi

Anonymous said...

We are friends of Jen and Aarons and have been watching the updates on hear and through Jen. We are so glad you guys are on your way home. What troopers you have all been. You will continue to be in our prayers and are so glad you guys are on your way home!!

Shawn and Amanda Grisham

Anonymous said...

Eden, Joel & Elijah!!

Can I say YEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA! We are all so excited to have you all come home! Travel safe.
Love, Darla

Anonymous said...

Hey Eden and Family-
My mother just told me about your blog page and I have been watching the updates posted about Elijah, and Barach and I are so happy to hear that everything is going so well.
That is Wonderful news that your little man is coming home. I'm sure you guys can't wait to get home and sleep in your own beds!
I had never seen Elijah and I got to tell you -I'm jelous! He is Adorable. I hope to see him in the near future. Big Hugs and kisses
Barach and Elizabeth Fugitt (nagy)